Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

done @ 24 hours

MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
buttsdonexmas.jpg
<p />Oh well. That's one for the books.[p]Turned out great with an off the chart bark. Tucked away for tomorrow's party of 47. Will reheat at 250 for an hour or so, Any other suggestions on re-heating are taken kindly.[p]Mick

Comments

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    MickeyT, you must be proud. I can smell those puppies from here!

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    MickeyT,
    A little chicken broth in a foil covered pan along with the pulled pork helps keep the meat moist during the re-heat.
    Qfan

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    MickeyT, you may have seen my post about the reheat from before it's a hint I credit to Dave Spence aka Dr Chicken. After I have pulled the pork I place it in a storage bag until whenever - even freeze if there's that much time inbetween...then fill a crock pot and pour in a full can of Coke - has to be the original Coca-Cola not diet flavored stuff as that won't work nor will Pepsi work. You won't have a warmed over taste at all. This trick works equally well with beef - don't ask me why, but I swear by it!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    RRP,[p]I agree! It is amazing!!! I don't why it works, but it does.[p]Steve-B
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    RRP,
    Dave has passed this idea onto me as well, but I've never been 'brave enough' to try it.. LOL, thus the suggestion of chicken broth I made below.
    I do, however, use and believe in his suggestion to use Coke in the drip pan when cooking butts and briskets. They seem to come out juicier and more tender with this method over anything else I've tried.
    Qfan