Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thank You Rebecca!

Gator Bait
Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

They say we are blessed by the friends we keep and I have to agree whole heartedly. My friend Rebecca (eenie meenie) sent me a package that arrived today.
Rebecca.gif
Her post last week on making Panettone was wonderful and had us all drooling. This is truly wonderful bread, far better then the finest French brioche, light as a cloud and delightfully sweet with the flavors of the fruit and honey dancing across the palette like your fondest dream! When lightly toasted and kissed with a spread of butter! Good Lord, it is amazing!!!

My pictures don't do it justice but my friendly Honey Bee that showed up just moments after I started photographing can bear witness to how good this is. :woohoo:

Thank you very much my friend, I am going to take your advise and freeze some, this is a bad time of year for us diabetics and I will enjoy savoring this very generous and wonderful gift for a bit longer that way. love0029.gif

Blair

Comments

• WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    THAT looks beautiful - the gift I am sending is not NEARLY as nice! LOL ;) :laugh:
  •  
    Hahahaha, It is the thought that counts Julia and I know your thoughts are as kind and generous as anybody else's. After the holidays I am thinking of taking over my sisters kitchen for a day or two so I can reciprocate in kind to a few of my wonderful friends here. ;)

Blair

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Blair that is a good gift.
    How did you do the pictures?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    You have a nice friend Blair. Very nice indeed. ;)
  •  
    Hi Mickey

The photos were shot as jpegs with my Nikon D90 at 2848 x 4288 Pixels. I think that is the smallest the D90 will shoot. I have an old photo editor that came with one of my past cameras called ArcSoft photo Studio 5.5, with it I resize and do any other editing needed. I use another program called Irfanview, a great freeware program and batch process all the images from jpeg to gif format. This is required to make the animated gif that I posted. The animated gif was made with a little freeware program called UnFREEz that our fellow member and clever guy Don Marco told me about. If I need to tweak the animated gif there is a program that used to ship with Photoshop called ImageReady that gives much greater control of the animated gif then UnFREEz.
    To get the image with the inset of the larger image of the bee I cropped the original image before it was resized and saved it as a new image. In my editor I opened the resized/edited image with the bee in it and and the image of the larger bee and copied the bee over to the other image. The editor allowed me to position it, add the border and add the arrow. It was then saved as a new image.

To greatly simplify,

1. shoot photos
    2. edit for size, exposure and what ever
    3. convert to gif format
    4. make into animated gif

Blair

•  
    I agree Tim. :)

Blair

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    That looks great Blair,, she is one heckuva cook but don't tell her I said that :whistle:;)
  •  
    I agree 500% Pat, she is an amazing cook! I don't know where she finds the time but am delighted she does. :cheer:

OK, I won't tell her you said she is one heckuva cook, I'll tell her and take all the credit! :laugh:

Blair

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Looks yummy....you are so right about being blessed by the friends we keep! ;)
  • Blair, good score, and great slide show, very impressive! Have a merry Christmas!
  •  
    Yummy is right, Elizabeth! :)

Blair

• That is a wonderful gift, Blair. Rebecca is very generous and an awesome cook!

Your slideshow was so cool, but your explanation was typed in Greek! Never mind, I wouldn't understand it even if you wrote it in English.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  •  
    Merry Christmas to you too Rich, the slide shows are fun, time consuming but fun. :)

Blair

•  
    Hi Faith, your right about Rebecca, your a very special cook too. :)

I have been playing with the slideshows for a while so they are fun for me. They sound more complicated then they really are.

Blair

• I'm laying here in bed with my stomach growling and then I open this post and see that! You are too cruel!