Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Woe is me!!!!!!!! I need a sirloin tip roast recipe!!!

bdavidsonbdavidson Posts: 411
edited 4:21AM in EggHead Forum
I bought 4 racks of baby backs at Costco on Wednesday which was the sell-by date on the package. I kept them all refrigerated until this evening when I went to remove the membrane and apply the rub for tomorrow's Christmas dinner. UGHHHHHHHH!! 2 of the racks were BAD...really bad. The other two are ok.
Anyway, I'm down to only half the number of ribs I need, and I expect nothing to be open tomorrow morning to rescue the dinner. I went snooping through the freezer and pulled out a sirloin tip roast which I am planning to use as a supplement tomorrow. [p]Any thoughts on a quick recipe I could use for it?

·

Comments

• mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    bdavidson,[p]You got me before coffee![p]I just did one. It's a touchy cut. I didn't have time for marinade or brine or anything, so coated it heavily with some dizzy pig and poked garlic slivers all over it. Did a fairly hot sear (about 600) and then stuck it on a rack over a pan of beer at about 350. Do NOT let it get over like 130 internal. It sounds raw-ish, but for some reason on these, 130 comes out rare. 140 is almost done, and mine, at 145, was virtually no pink![p]Slice it THIN THIN THIN because it is tasty, but chewy. [p]Another option is to do it like a potroast inside. Definitely comes out more tender, but a totally different flavor (more..well, pot roast like!). [p]One other option if you have it around that is kind of a cross between the two. Coat it with a pack of french onion soup (dry stuff), slice an onion on top of it (looks nice), and wrap it up in foil. Stick it on the rack over a plate setter at 325 ish until you can poke it nicely. It's one of those emergency recipes that happens to work in an egg or an oven.[p]NOW can I have some coffee?[p]mShark
    ·
  • mollyShark,
    have a cup on me!

·