Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

longest cook yet

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
2buttsonxmas.jpg
<p />This one is a doozy. 22 hours and still goin.[p]Frickin cold in Chicago with wacky winds. The rings kept the temp right there at 250 or so throughout the day and evening. [p]I will conclude the length of the cook was because my butts were 33 degrees when I put them on.[p]No time to get then to room temp.[p]Happy day to all>[p]Mick

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    MickeyT,
    Looking good, it will get there, sooner or later. Cold and foggy here in West Sacramento Ca. but no where near the kind of cold you're having.[p]Now if only my thermapen was made for lefties???????????
    Try using it in you left hand and see what happens. LOL
    Not my fault I'm backwards. Big Grin.[p]Merry Christmas,
    New Bob

• GrillMeister
    Options
    MickeyT,[p]Hmmm Good! What's that white background around your egg? (grin)

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Happy day to you, Mick. Seems your going to make some folks happy with that Christmas fare..... stay warm![p]John

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    MickeyT,
    Merry Christmas Mick!
    Could be the cold butt, but the last one I egged 2 weeks ago was still frozen in the center when I inserted the probes. My Thermapen confirmed it cauz my probes didn't even register 32° until 2 hours into the cook. It came out fine though and about 4 hours sooner than I expected. I bet the wind is more of a factor with yours...just my 2 cents worth!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • The Virginian
    Options
    MickeyT,
    If you start to run out of time wrap them in foil, put back in Egg and keep a close eye. That should get it up to 190 range pretty quickly (1-2 hours?) even at the same egg temp. [p]Brett