Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Goober Peas

Options
2»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,747
    Options
    i find summers too hot up here, no problem with the cold :laugh: never saw no goober peas though, i dont think they you can buy raw peanuts up here, never seen em
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Hi fishless, Boiled Peanuts are defiantly a southern thing. I had heard of them but never saw one till I moved down here. You might find them all cooked and in cans at a large grocery store up there. I have never tried them canned.

Blair

• Gator Bait
    Options

I may have to give those a try, I used to be able eat much spicier foods then I can now and loved them. I had heart attacks 15 years ago and haven't been able to eat really hot foods since. It makes no sense to me but that is the way it is. Garlic defiantly sounds good and a little heat would be nice. Thanks.

Blair

• Gator Bait
    Options

I can understand that I think. When my parents were first married they lived in Honduras and people were always bringing them whole stems of bananas. My parents grew up during the Depression and wasted nothing, to throw something like a banana out was a sin. I guess it would drive Mom crazy trying to use up all the bananas before someone gave them more. They finally were given a pet monkey to help take care of the bananas. Mom was sick of bananas for a long, long time! :laugh:

Blair