Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING MN Eggers

LFGEnergy
LFGEnergy Posts: 618
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had the opportunity to visit your beautiful state for the first time last week, even spending the night at the MSP airport during the snowstorm that came in Friday night. I travelled up state to Big Sandy Lake for a meeting and stayed in a lodge, and was in awe of the beauty and love that folks have for the outdoors.

HOWEVER, the point of my post is that we woke to -8F temps on Friday, the coldest this southern boy has ever been. All I could think of is those pics of the Northern eggers egging in the cold and snow :huh: :( :) ! You are a hearty people to egg in the weather I saw last week (and I understand this is still early in the cold season). I am sure a slab of egg ribs or whatever is a REAL treat after an afternoon in the snow and cold!!!

Anyway, you have a beautiful state, with many nice people, and I look forward to my next visit to MN (and snow mobiling next time!!).

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Dave,

I'm only a short drive from the airport. Let me know next time and I'll show how northern eggs do it. B)
  • I would welcome the opportunity!!!

After the stories I heard of snow mobiling trips on the trail system, I am determined to find a reason to come back up this winter for a day of snow mobiling, and maybe even a little ice fishing! And the people were the best!!!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    February would be a great time to meet a bunch of eggers at the mini Ice Fest. :whistle::)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Molly has a good point! Valentines weekend or the 11th-13th up near Crosslake. Folks are coming from all over to gather again this year. Buncha crazies :woohoo:
    All your desires can be done right out the back door of the cabin. Then maybe Steve can dump his beer on someone else. :P

IMG_1247.jpg

I've got about 24 people figured so far, with a few on the fence.
  • What resort you stay at?
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Boyd's Lodge. Nice place!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE