Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Tuna Steak cook results!

thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First shot at cooking tuna I took tips from friends on the forum and some ingredients from the internet and created a marinade that seemed to work just fine. The key is to buy high end product and to not overcook the tuna, period, end of discussion.

DSC_2480.jpgDSC_2479.jpg
DSC_2471.jpgDSC_2481.jpg

Ingredients for Marinade
•1/4 c. olive oil
•2 tbsp. lime juice
•1 tbsp. dry mustard
•2 tbsp. dried cilantro
•1 tbsp. chili powder
•1 tsp. black pepper
•1 tbsp. mustard seeds
•4 to 6 tuna steaks

Mix ingredients and brush onto tuna steak. Refrigerate for several hours. For ¾” steaks, sear on each side for 1 minute and remove from grill. You have a few options on how you want to present thicker steaks and cooking them until they flake (like many websites tout) will result in dry tuna; period.

Keep On Eggin'AVITAR2KeepOnEggin.jpg
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
·

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,645
    Great post and pictures.
    Looks like a great meal...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,365
    Glad it worked for you Tony. Looks really good!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • i wrote this one down and will be trying this next weekend. :)
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,741
    good looking cook. i like lime in the marinade with tuna, it partially cooks the exterior which brings a different texture to the party, you can get crust, a soft moist white area just under the surface, then the red tuna
    ·
  • Tuna's one of those you have to watch. Doesn't take long to cook and a good rare inside is what you want. I can't find the recipe but I think it was alton brown that used sesame seeds all around. About 90 sec a side.
    ·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    That does look and sound great. Future cook for me. :)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    Looks good Tony!
    ·