Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping wessb

Options
Buster Dog BBQ
Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm looking for your jerk pork tenderloin recipe you made at the Oklahoma eggfest a couple years ago. Didn't see it on your site. Could you post if you don't mind? Thanks.

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    I have been meaning to take some pics of that and put it on my site, just haven't done it yet...anyway, it's about as simple a cook as you can do....I never actually measured the amount of meat in each load but I would say probably 2 whole pork tenderloins at once, 1 at a time would be a more managable cook though. I prefer to do the cook on a small egg at roughly 550° to 600° dome..and use a pan similar to this one....
    31D37ebI-UL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    I start with the pork tenderloin cut into 1/2 to 1" cubes put into a ziploc bag and for 2 or 4 tenderloins add 1 whole jar of Mrs. Dogs jerk marinade then refill the jar with olive oil and add it in as well and just work it all around
    jerk.jpg
    http://www.mrsdogs.com/
    Let it rest in the fridge and mix it up from time to time..overnight is a minimum, 3 days is way better, the longer you wait the hotter it ends up....

Put the pan on the hot egg and let it heat for a couple of minutes...think "stir fry" here, hot and fast, have a spatula ready and add the meat and give it a miinute or so to sear then stir, sear then stir...when the meat is about 1/2 way done ( 5 maybe 10 minutes) I add pineapple chunks either rum soaked or not, and continue to sear and stir until done....if any of this needs a better explanation just let me know....enjoy..
  • Pepper Monkey BBQ
    Options
    Wess ... is this what you made at your place for tikifest this year too?

JM
  • WessB
    Options
  • Pepper Monkey BBQ
    Options
    I'm glad I caught this post, that was delicious ... and it couldn't get any easier. Thanks.

JM
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    It was grand! I have a gallon of the marinade sitting on my counter now. Soaked some wings last night. Wess have you ever done wings? If so, how?
  • WessB
    Options
    Have not done wings with the jerk marinade, but see no reason letting the wings soak up the flavor just like the pork does wouldn't work...then just cook em like you would any other wings. You could also just brush on some of the sauce straight out of the jar and let it rest in the fridge.