Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg just delivered! Couple concerned

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just had my egg delivered with a table from a local dealer. Really nice! I am excited to get started. But, I have a couple of concerns. I noted a small chip on the dome. I am planning to call the dealer in the morning. But, is there touch-up paint?? Or is this no big deal. I guess when I spend around $1,000 and was expecting a perfect egg!? Lastly, with the lid closed, there is a gap that I can see into the egg toward the back. The lid does not set even. Is this intended (dealer set it up) or do I need to adjust the uppper ring...I can tell it is not straight. Thanks for your help. Have followed the forum for some time and am impressed with the help and input. Thanks again.
Dr. Winter

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Dr W,
    You have paid for a perfect unit and it seems that there is a problem. Call the dealer and get the chipped dome replaed and have him adjust the unit to fit without any gaps. Should you have any problem getting this resolved call Ed Fisher at BGE HQ 1-800-939-3447 for some assistance. He is the owner of BGE and demands excellant customer satisfaction.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Hey Doc, listen to JJ.. I second his advice. [p]If the chip is small, you can do like I did..a small dab of either forest green or pine green is a perfect match. Or take a color swab and find a match. The dome should set tightly on the seals. If not then the bands have been bent or not installed properly. Sounds like the dealer needs some hands on instructions.
    Good luck...
    Char-Woody

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Dr W,[p]I have seen a few Eggs where the top didn't sit square at first but it was due to the new seal being nice and new and thick - it gets squished down after a few days. I have only seen it on small eggs though - we don't really know what size yours is. JJ had the best advice - call BGE first and they can go thru what is needed to adjust the dome. Its quite easy if you can work a wrench. The problem is that the bolts will probably break when loosened so you'll need replacements - themn breaking is normal though. They are really tight on there.[p]BGE really stands behind their Eggs so you can be assured it will be fixed.[p]
    Tim