Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - The rest of the cookies

Options
chocdoc
chocdoc Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The last of the cookies today - 22 recipes tested. I'm hanging up my baking pan for at least a week. Time to get to work on the holiday chocolate!

5222712648_fcb9f24730.jpg
DSCN2206 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr
Lemon Thumbprints

5222712592_43a1906a20.jpg
DSCN2201 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr
Molasses Spice

5222712560_8a5f6a34c7.jpg
DSCN2198 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Cranberry Rughlach

5222115697_de2c556d05.jpg
DSCN2194 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

A cookie I can't recall the name of - but it's basically a tuile and should have been baked like them!

5222712432_2c2992fd0e.jpg
DSCN2193 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

A sort of shortbread made with ghee - uses a few cardamon seeds on the top.

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I pick molasses. ;)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Man man...man man...man! :P :woohoo:
  • chocdoc
    Options
    Hoss wrote:
    I pick molasses. ;)

They were my favourite - I think of all the cookies I made. When I make them again it will be without the sparkly sugar though!

I also made a batch of bourbon bacon jam today - it's going to be great with a meatloaf later in the week.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Bourbon Bacon Jam, you say?!!! Oh...so many ways that could be used!! :whistle::);)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • chocdoc
    Options
    cookn biker wrote:
    Bourbon Bacon Jam, you say?!!! Oh...so many ways that could be used!! :whistle::);)

Indeed - lovely stuff - here is a link to the recipe.
  • Hoss
    Options
    LAWDAMERCEY!!! You done flung a cravin on me! SEND me he recipe,PLUUULLLEEEZZZE! :woohoo:
  • Hoss
    Options
    You are a SAINT!!! :woohoo: ;) 3CHEERS! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: !!!
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks very much!!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    chocdoc, you really know how to bake! :) Your family and friends are so fortunate.

I can't make up my mind which of your cookies is my favorite.
  • chocdoc
    Options
    eenie meenie wrote:
    chocdoc, you really know how to bake! :) Your family and friends are so fortunate.

I can't make up my mind which of your cookies is my favorite.

So why was hubby polishing off the few coconut wafers that were still in the package? Actually to be fair - a lot of these cookies aren't what I would normally bake.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    That link kept not working but I got it. I remember hearing them on BBC. Great stuff!
    Thanks Kerry.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Hoss
    Options
    I need a KILLER cookie to give away at Christmas.Last year I did Chocolate chip and Oatmeal/rasin,sometimes peanutbutter mixed in.....SO BORING.Have ya got a KILLER you are willing to share?
  • chocdoc
    Options
    Hoss wrote:
    I need a KILLER cookie to give away at Christmas.Last year I did Chocolate chip and Oatmeal/rasin,sometimes peanutbutter mixed in.....SO BORING.Have ya got a KILLER you are willing to share?

For a holiday type cookie I really like a Cape Breton Pork Pie - no porcine component - but a date cookie that is really nice.

Cape Breton "Pork Pies"

Pastry
    2 ½ cups dates
    ¾ cup brown sugar
    1 cup boiling water
    ¼ tsp salt
    1 tsp vanilla
    Pastry dough
    1 cup butter
    ½ cup icing sugar
    1 egg yolk
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 cups flour
    2 tbsp cornstarch
    ¼ tsp salt
    Icing
    ⅔ cup icing sugar
    1 tbsp maple syrup
    1 tbsp soft butter
    1. Form pastry into 3/4 inch balls and press into small tart cups. Bake at 300 degrees for 18 minutes or until just litely browned but firmed.
    2. Make filling by pouring boiling water over chopped dates, salt and brown sugar, Cook for a few moments on stove, until dates soften but are still formed. Add vanilla.
    3. Beat icing sugar with butter. Heat maple syrup and drizzle into icing sugar mixture until light and fluffy. you may need to add more maple syrup. Top with icing.

Source: Sandies wife | 1 servings
  • Hoss
    Options
    Thank YOU! My Dad LOVES dates! :) Both kinds! :blush:
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    looking good, great job. Making me hungry.

Patti
    Wichita,KS