Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Has Anyone Done Tourtiére?

Lee2Lee2 Posts: 38
edited 10:41PM in EggHead Forum
If it isn't raining buckets tomorrow I'm thinking about trying a tourtiére on the Big Green Guy in addition to doing Rhum and Jerk's spinach pie and some buttermilk bread. Anyway, has anyone tried tourtiére or have any good suggestions or tips?

• Lee2,
    Done It??? I never even heard of it.

• Lee2Lee2 Posts: 38
    Q.N.E. tyme,
    It's a pork pie, French Canadian I believe. It just seems to me that it would lend itself well to the Egg. It has pork, herbs and spices like garlic, thyme, sage and cloves and sometimes potatoes or oats in it also.

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Lee2, The only tourtiere I have experienced is the waiting period before I finally got my BGE....
    Kidding aside, I bet that is a goodie. Would it work similar to a deep dish pizza?

• Lee2Lee2 Posts: 38
    Since it's a 2 crust pie with a meat filling I think it'd work kind of like the spinach pie recipe Rhum and Jerk has posted in the new recipe section. If this rain doesn't let up, I may have to wait until Sunday to make it. I think I'll use a stone pie plate and put it on fire bricks.

Lee2, I think your on your way to ringing up a success. I see no reason the upper crust won't brown up for you nicely.
    Sounds delicious. I would like to find some mini stone pie plates to make mini pizza in.

• mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    This is, of course, when you start to yell obscenities for no apparent reason? I don't know how that would apply to the egg.
    MollyShark, I do that too.. isn't that normal??