Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Foodsaver 60% cyber Monday

SmokeyPitt
SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I received a special in my inbox this morning. This model:
http://www.foodsaver.com/Product.aspx?id=c&cid=87&pid=8326&promo=90FEBBB&utm_campaign=90FEBBB&utm_source=FS+MainImage

is 60% off, making it $43.99. Email states the price will be reflected during checkout.

Anyone have experience with this model or similar models ? I checked Amazon and it has pretty bad reviews. The good reviews claim people didn't just read the directions, but I dunno...I'm wondering if it might not be worth the hassle to get the low end model. I don't need a $44 paper weight.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i have the low-end. so far it has been absolutely fine.

it's longevity? i don't know...

i like it frankly because it is small, and i have a TINY kitchen. i don't need anything on the countertop, and i don't have much cupboard space.

it takes the 8" bags, which cover most of what i need it for. if i needed to seal a whole rib-eye, i couldn't do it. but homemade bacon, left-overs, cheese, etc. the thing is perfect for that
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • SmokeyPitt
    Ooooh...after some cyber sleuthing I found they also have a "hidden" promo on this model:

http://www.foodsaver.com/Product.aspx?id=c&cid=1177&pid=8316

This one includes a marinating canister and some other goodies...$80 in cart.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• $199.99 in my cart. Any tricks? Or is this dead already?

robfern
  • SmokeyPitt
    Hey Rob,

When I did this it applied the promo code automatically- but the code is:

DTAKERF60A

Try adding that code and clicking "apply code".

• Perfect....yes that worked! Did not come up automatically for me though.

Thanks for digging it up for us!

robfern
  • jkm
    jkm Posts: 8
    Thanks that worked. Not sure how you found the code but great work.
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Here’s the website with the coupons.

http://www.dealtaker.com/FoodSaver-coupon-code-a1378-c.html

There are two deals – V3485 ($199) coupon DTAKERF60A and V2040 ($109) coupon DTAKERF60B.

I have the smaller one as well and have no real issues with it. Sometimes I have trouble getting it to suck the air out but usually can remedy it by realigning everything (i.e. bag positioning in the unit). I keep mine stored under my cabinets (baseboards pull out) so the small size is appreciated.
  • SmokeyPitt
    Thanks Wise- I meant to clarify that but I got side tracked with silly old work. That is where I found the coupon code for the 2nd deal.

I found that both models had about the same mixed reviews on Amazon. People either love it...or they can't get it to work. We have 2 positive reviews from eggheads so I'll take that ;).

Both great deals- I went with the $80 version. I am going to free up some space in a cabinet (haven't used the George Foreman in the last decade!). I also like the fact that it comes with some of the canisters.

• Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    I have a cheapy Foodsaver I bought 5-6 years ago for $20 on ebay with shipping. Lately its been acting up. I decided to buy the V3485; cost was $80 plus tax with free shipping. Comes with some accessories worth $30. So it was a good deal.
    Although I live by myself, I can recoup that cost in less that a year. I love the foodsaver for boating. I can throw frozen items into the cooler for the weekend and don't have to worry about them leaking; plus the items come out almost as good as they went in.