Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Successful Turkey Day...

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

We went to a neighbor's house for dinner, but we brought the turkey...I did a 20.24# full bird and a 7.75# breast. Both went into the "John Ash Brine" late Sunday evening, out of the brine last night to set overnight in the fridge to dry the skin. Got up at 6:30am to start the first Egg (prepped them yesterday). While the Egg was coming up to temp, got the 20#er out to cover with the herbed butter and a bag of ice on the breast area. It went on at about 7:40am with the dome temp at 300...
S112510-02.jpg

Here it is after about 2.5 hours...
S112510-03.jpg

At the 3 hour point I turned the pan around so the legs were at the front and off it came right at 4 hours with the breast temps 157 to 162 and the legs/thighs at 175 with clear juices...
S112510-05.jpg

Only got one picture of the breast...that one I just rubbed with EVOO and shook on some DP Shaking the Tree...here it is after about 60 minutes, pulled it after about 90 minutes...
S112510-07.jpg

We also made some Sausage Stuffing, EggHatter's homemade Parker House Rolls, roasted root veggies (carrots/parsnips/sweet tators/acorn squash/white tators/onion) and the GRAVY! Others brought some additional sides and dessert to complete a wonderful Thanksgiving meal.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments