Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turkey day at the Firehouse!!

fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
edited 11:13AM in EggHead Forum
My shift had the duty today, so I egged a turkey and ham for our dinner, a couple of the guy's pitched in and made the sides, GB casserole, tater tot cass, dressing, rolls etc.
IMG_1542.jpg
IMG_1545.jpg
IMG_1536.jpg
fhbuffet.jpg
table.jpg
They are a great crew, glad I got to share thanksgiving with them!!

Happy thanksgiving, y'all!!
·

Comments

• Kendell,

Looks great! We have a fireman friend we play baseball with, and he also loves to cook for his crew :P :woohoo: !

Happy Holidays from Texas!
    ·
  •  
    Sorry you were on shift but the food looks great.

Be well. Kent
    ·
  • Kendell,

Do you do 24's?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    We do, 24on 48 off
    ·
    Thanks Dave, yeah, firehouse meals are usually pretty good.
    hope your having a good thanksgiving!
    ·
    Thanks Kent. About every three or four years our shift gets thanksgiving and Christmas, this is the year, I'm used to it, and we have a good time here, now if we can just stay in the house!!
    hope your doing well Kent,
    ·
  • Fire Egger,

Glad I'm not upstairs tonight :blink: Bless you for what you do.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    I got lucky this year and I'm off today. Hey, that second family aint bad to eat with either eh? Ya'll keep it in the house. ;)
    ·
    Thanks Steve, it's been a very rewarding career
    ·
    Good for you JoJo, they keep it interesting for sure!!
    ·
  • Looks like a really good bird. Hope all you guys have a great and safe Thanksgiving day.
    ·
  •  
    I'm doing OK. Two family funerals last week, older brother in law and much younger nephew. Hard week and they sure made me think of a lot of things to be thankful for.

Be safe. Kent
    ·
  • pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    what a feast, thanks for working today. Great job.

Patti
    Wichita, ks
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Happy Thanksgiving to you fire egger - and the guys on your shift. Thank you for the job that you do - today and every day. It's good to see that you had a great meal today! :)
    ·
    Thanks Dave, hope you had a good day also!
    ·
    Thanks Patti
    ·
    Thanks Elizabeth
    ·
  • My Dad was a fireman; he was 92 when he passed away. He loved the food and fellowship of his brother firemen. I hope that you guys have a Great Tkanksgiving.
    That food sure looks good!!
    ·
  • Your turkey looks perfect. It all looks good. What is the tator tot casserole recipe if you can get your friend to give it up? Thanks.
    ·
    I will get it sun and email
    ·
    we did and a quite night!!
    ·