Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thunder storm-no elec.

Options
TNmike
TNmike Posts: 643
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had a thunder storm roll through and lost elec. No problem with the turkey. :) I was using my DigiQ II but just went out in the rain and unplugged everything adjusted vents and kept on cooking. After about 1 1/2 hours elec. came back on so only problem is now all of the sides will be late and I'll have to hold the bird for a while. Thought about starting the sides on the others EGGS but it was just raining way too hard. All is not lost dinner will just be a little later than planned. :)

Comments

• Egg Master 3000
    Options
    The egg is not a slave to the power grid!

This post makes me happy because once in a while we will get threats of ice storms that can knock out power for days... at least with the egg I can cook and build up a fire for warmth if things got to that point! Love the effiency!
  • TNmike
    TNmike Posts: 643
    Options
    We had an ice storm come through here a couple of years ago and no elec. for 4 days. Took a little work to get the lids open on the EGGS but all was fine after that. Just remember to always keep a good supply of lump on hand. ;)
  • Dave in So Cal
    Options
    Once again the BGE shows it is a superior cooking method. Sorry to hear about the power outage and late sides. Hope all goes well with the rest of the day.

We are sending you some better weather I think. It is clear and sunny and in the mid 60s here in So. Cal. It was cold enough to get snow on the mountains, but it is nice down here in the lowlands.

Happy Thanksgiving.