Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question on Meat Loaf

Options
Eggsellent
Eggsellent Posts: 160
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm making Sydney's meat loaf tonight (yum). Do you let it sit for any length of time after the cook? If so, covered or uncovered?

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Eggsellent,
    hopefully that spawn of mine is still in school and not playing hookey on the internet (like dad is right now). . .it probably helps it to hold together if you tent it losely for 15 minutes or so . .. at eggtoberfest, the ravenous hordes desended on it so fast it didn't have time to rest for even a minute and it tended to fall apart a bit (though still tasty... .[p]man, leg of lamb and meat loaf. .. gonna be quite the feast. . .

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Thursday is gonna be lamb chops AND ribeyes. If we were any more gluttonous, I'd be wearing a toga.[p]Wait...I am wearing a toga.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    toga, TOGA...heeee. .. i own the movie and was involved in toga parties when you were still probably in diapers. ..(btw, when i was at AU [thats American University] i worked the front desk at my dorm. . one year on halloween i dressed up as Samurai Desk Receptionist, robe, sword, hair up in pony tail, the works, i could have doubled for john belushi) . . . [p]i think what you guys need next to really be authentic is a vomitorium. . ..heeee

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Max, I'll have to save THAT story for an off-forum email...[p]Tee hee indeed.
  • PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    Options
    Eggsellent,[p]I ate some of Spawn's meatloaf at the Eggtoberfest afterparty, and it was great. I've also cooked it here at home. Once you've tried her recipe, try WudEyeDoo's recipe from the '04 Texas Eggfest. He posted it on the forum on May 24, 2004. I used his recipe a week ago and received rave reviews. I made one alteration though. The recipe calls for 2#'s of ground beef and 1# of ground pork. I used 1# each of ground beef, ground pork and mild Italian sausage. He suggests letting it rest 10 minutes. I loosely tented mine for about 15 minutes while I stir-fried some veggies. I also threw some baked potatoes on the egg while I did the meatloaf. Mm-mm good. [p]Paul

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Eggsellent,[p]Here's what I do. Meatloaf on the egg is so incredible you won't ever do it in the oven again...[p]Tonia
    :~)

[ul][li]My Cherry Smoked Meatloaf[/ul]
  • PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    Options
    QBabe,[p]I agree with you - no more stinkin' oven-baked meatloaf for me. I haven't tried your recipe yet, but it's safely stored in my recipe file. Maybe next time.[p]Paul