Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

one FINAL mad max ?

Options
SomedayMommy
SomedayMommy Posts: 199
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
without computer so searching impossible with this phone...sorry if already covered...

The wings...tucked under or left flappin'?

The legs...looks like in the picture the legs are trussed? What's the best way to do this?

Thanks!

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    IT DOESN"T MATTER!!! don't stress this stuff stacie...leave the wing tips loose if you want. ..and you don't have to truss the legs. ...i usually don't . ..someone pointed out to me today that my pics from 04 show them trussed with some butcher's twine. ...that was probably the last time i actually did this. ..

you have enough stuff causing you stress over this bird without worrying about non-essential details. ...just leave em be. ....

cmon, be happy, have fun with it. ...you can do it!! :lol:
  • SomedayMommy
    Options
    Thank you thank you and thank you!

The "lump of fat"...hahaha...I know you will tell me not to worry about it...haha...but is that the lump between the legs?

I love the teasing I've gotten...haha

THANK YOU!

Stac
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Either, Or!! Whichever you prefer!! You are making WAY too much stress out of this! :laugh: REEEE-LAX!!! Have FUN...Stress is not allowed! :) Use butchers twine to truss....IF you choose to!! RELAX. It will be FINE. Just cook your bird! :laugh:
  • BillHill
    BillHill Posts: 109
    Options
    AWWWWWWWWWWW, just reheat a pre-cooked ham instead. Fewer grey hairs! ;)

You've been reassured already, many times over. You will be just fine. Happy Thanksgiving :)
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    yep, the lump of fat between the legs . .. just cut that bad-boy off and throw it in the stock pot with the neck and giblets ... .

you're doing ok .. . and please do call me if you need me!!!!