Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

General Baking Question

Options
reccitron
reccitron Posts: 176
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Except for the occasional pizza on the egg, I don’t have much baking experience.

I found a recipe for a clone of a Cinnabon that I would like to make fresh in the morning. The non-bread machine instructions calls for letting the dough double in size which might take over an hour. Is there a way I can make the dough tonight and bake it in the morning so I don’t have to wait an hour in the morning? Will it work ok if I let it rise in the fridge overnight like I do the pizza dough?

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    You could certainly make it tonight and leave it in the fridge...but I'd be willing to bet it will still take an hour to double in the morning...make it tonight and set your clock an hour early..take it out and go back to bed...
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    Options
    A little late at night now to be any help to you - but best to take the cinnamon buns to the roll stage, put the rolled up buns in the pan, cover with plastic and put in the fridge overnight.

They need to sit for about 1 1/2 hours at room temp before baking.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    I think the original intent was to avoid the "1" hour wait time...not to complicate things to make it a 1 1/2 hour wait time...course I could be the dim bulb in this batch..
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    Options
    True that! Of course the 1 hour wait time is only the first for cinnamon buns - still need to roll and wait the second time. The hour and a half in the am is likely to get you fresh bun faster than making them entirely in the morning.