Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Refurbing a mini..... [pic heavy]

Options
Hic
Hic Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found a BGE mini @ a yard sale that needed some work. What I did not know when I bought it was that they older ones are smaller than the newer mini's. So with the help of B & C we got it looking and working great.

The guy that I bought it from said they only used it a couple of times but it just sat outside. From the looks of the ceramics on the inside I believed him. Here is what it looked like...
P1020129Small.jpg
P1020130Small.jpg
P1020131Small.jpg

So I went over to the mothership and picked up some parts...a new band, a new draft door and a new grid. Well the new band was too big and the new grid fits in there tight and I probably won't use it.
As you can see I could fit a ruler in between the band and the mini with it tightened...
P1020150Small.jpg
So I called up B&C for some advise and he offered his help. Went over to C's and he cut the band @ the bend, drilled a new hole and bent the band.
P1020155Medium.jpg
He also cleaned up the inside and siliconed up the draft door me.
P1020156Medium.jpg
He is truly an Egg Dr.

Here it is all cleaned up with a new pair of shoes.. or in this case a new tel-tru thermometer ;)
P1020154Medium.jpg

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

Comments