Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help! Did I ruin my turkey??

Eggsimus MaximusEggsimus Maximus Posts: 17
edited 1:03PM in EggHead Forum
I picked up an 18lb bird late last night. I put it on the counter while I put up the rest of the groceries. I got busy doing other stuff and fell asleep with the turkey on the counter. It was out for about 8 hours.

It was still very cold to the touch, but the outside was definitely thaw. I didn't take it out of the packaging so I'm not sure if the inside of the bird was still frozen.

What should I do? Buy a new one or move forward with what I've got?
·

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    i just tossed mine., butit was already thawed and sat out about 16 hours at 75 degrees...

mine is toast. but honestly, yours is the way we always thawed our turkey :whistle:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • if it was frozen, i would move forward with the one that you have....if it was fresh, I would not.
    ·
  • Frozen? You are fine! :)
    Fresh? Start with a new bird! :sick:

Edit:

Opppsss. Wrong spot, sorry
    ·
  • MikeeMikee Posts: 268
    Froozen you are fine.
    Fresh, cook it for the in-laws.
    ·