Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thursdays weather

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Coldest day of the week here on Turkey Day. High of 24..brrr
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    We are supposed to start out with Thunderstorms...80%,hi of 65 then clearing by noon and a lo of 31 Thurs Nite! :( We got 19 people commin to a house that will hold 8 comfortable.Got plenty of room on the covered patio.I was SO hoping it was gonna be pretty. :pinch:
  • Hoss, they are now pushing the cold weather back to Friday, so you might have a HOT Thanksgiving.

BTW, got a call from the guy who does most of the hands-on work at our duck brake - the word..... NO DUCKS last weekend. Mainly because of NO WATER ! The drought has not filled us up since the water structure was re-worked this summer. Farmers have cultivated and rowed up all adjacent land, thus capturing most of the little rain we have gotten, leaving little run-off for our brake. Lots of good duck food - just no water. This will be the first year with no opening day hunt since I have been a member (1980's). :ohmy: :(

Also - pretty warm weather, but I've hunted ducks with one hand while swatting 'skeeters with the other. :laugh:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    We are in the same shape.I do have a well,but I ain't burnin $5K worth of diesel for em.I'd be more fraid of the cottonmouths and gators than the skeeters. :blink: Btw,we got a tornado watch here now. :ermm:
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Oops...I always hope for cold weather at Thanksgiving, and usually don't get it. Sounds like you will have your share (and mine too)! :woohoo:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    jeez, I was worried because we might see 32 for a low. -RP
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Makes our high in the middle of Texas at 49 not sound as bad now :ohmy:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TNmike
    TNmike Posts: 643
    Thunder storms and 60 here on T'day and then a low of 28 on Friday. Hope the thunderstorms aren't too bad, my EGGS are on an uncovered deck.
  • BHE1
    BHE1 Posts: 205
    Turkey day here will be 82 and sunny!! I'm pretty certain we will all be in the pool catching whiffs of the succulent bird cooking in the egg!

This is our first year where the threat of cold Ohio winter is not in the air--you have to love South Florida!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
  •  
    This storm is supposed to take us to a high of 11° (news just changed the low to 9°). We got 14" of snow in the eggs and broken/split trees yesterday. 36 yo 48 inches of very heavy (wet) snow in the resorts. This is a great base for the ski season - some resorts are already open. This really made me miss Arizona.

Blizzard and white outs are the forecasters latest works for this afternoon and tomorrow. This storm should be to you on T-day.

Kent
  •  
    Congratulations Miss Arizona!!!

Hope your feeling 100% Kent, have a great Turkey day.

I think weather here should be mid 80's and sunny with cool beautiful evenings. We'll just have to take it in stride. :silly:

Blair

• Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    I agree with Mickey. Our predicted high is 62 on Thursday. And to us desert dwellers that is darn cold! Will make for a nice cozy day. Hope you have a great day planned Molly.
  •  
    Mid 80's is just not fair!!!

9° right now.

Kent
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    That's what we are all talking about Kent. Sorry you're getting hit so bad. I know we desperatly need the moister. Stay warm and have a great Holiday!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Forget tomorrow's weather; it's today's weather that's crazy around here. We had a NWS Special Weather Statement about the many forms of precipitation expected today. It included freezing rain and sleet, rain, thunderstorms, fog and freezing drizzle, and snow...and frogs, locusts, boils...be safe, people.