Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Early To Rise

Options
Eggvis
Eggvis Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I woke up at 6:00am and lit my big friend up. Have the company Xmas party today and they are in for a treat! At 7:00, I started 2 spatchcock chickens and they are smoking just right. Hopefully, around 8:00, they will be warming in my cooler and on will go my 4 pork tenderloins. Hope everyone's day starts off this good! I'll let ya know how they all come out.[p]Paul

Comments

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Eggvis,[p]Have a good time. I checked on my Christmas Brisket and it's at 177 degrees right now. I'll be pulling it off and wrapping it soon for lunch today at the office.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Eggvis
    Eggvis Posts: 94
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p] The chicken and pok came out perfectly. Finished the cook around 8:45 (Total time for two chickies/4 pork loins...1 hr, 45 min) Covered with foil and towels in a cooler and served at noon. All meat was juicy and still quite warm. Not sure if anybody in the plant was awake or if they own taste buds, but only a few people commented on what I prepared. Not blowing my horn, but it was the best chicken and pork I have made to date. Oh well, maybe they were just in awe from what the egg delivered. Haha[p]Have a great holiday![p]Paul

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Eggvis,[p]Sounds like it turned out well. If only a few folks commented it's usually because the others are to busy putting stuff in their mouths. LOL[p]My brisket was a hit at the office. The whole thing disappeared in less than 20 minutes after slicing. My better half will be happy that it went well and disappointed that I won't be bringing any leftovers home. I'll make it up to her by cooking her very own Christmas Brisket.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas