Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Second Thanksgiving

eenie meenie
eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is my second Thanksgiving this year. I did a trial run last month for the Canadian Thanksgiving. My family celebrated Thanksgiving today due to divergent schedules. Yesterday I made gravy from turkey necks, thighs, and wings and brined two 8 lb turkey breasts. Today the turkey breasts were simply layed on a bed of onions, carrots, celery, lemon, and apples and slathered with turkey schmaltz and butter.

IMG_5526.jpg

The turkey breasts were started at 425 degrees and over the next hour reduced to 350 to 375 degrees. I took them off not quite 3 hours later when they reached 150 dgrees.

IMG_5532.jpg

Three halves of the breasts were carved about an hour later. They were still nice and moist.

IMG_5537.jpg

Everyone brought so much food. I selected dressing, garlic & cheese mashed potatoes, whipped sweet potatoes, corn pudding, brussel sprouts, turkey and gravy. I didn't have room for the green bean cassarole. We had a pumpkin roll, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie for dessert.

IMG_5544.jpg

Comments