Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

loose daisy wheel

Options
Charlie
Charlie Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Like my marbles, my daisy wheel is loose. I know this sounds crazy but when I raise the lid of my BGE, the daisy wheel falls off. I have turned it so that it is positioned correctly, but it slides off very easily. I've already broken off the handle on top. Is there a way to may it stick on better. I'm a newbie, please understand my ignorance and be patient. Thanks!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Charlie, this might sound silly at first, but the first time I raised mine the diasy wheel almost fell off or at least I thought it was going to and I hot that hot little moma, which is another story. The simple solution for me is to put it on in such a fashion that the words are upset down to you from when standing in front. What I think happens is the momentum of the sliding top is enough to knock it off altogether. There is also a catch that way to stop it unless yours is broken. ^oo^~

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    slide-daisy.jpg
    <p />one feral kat,[p]Feral cat could be right. Also there are two other causes. One is you are whipping open the dome too fast and the other is that the Egg is not level and is leaning back a little. It can't go much off level without doing what you describe. Here is a picture of the use of the slide daisy top, maybe it will look different than what you're doing.[p]Tim
    [ul][li]Tim's place[/ul]
  • Kyle
    Kyle Posts: 156
    Options
    Tim M,
    Thanks for that tip. I'll be aligning it that way from now on as well.

• Charlie
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Thanks for your help. Perhaps you're right about the alignment. I thought I had it right. I had the large outside piece positioned correctly, but I may not have had the very top piece (that rotates to cover up the holes) placed right so it may have been too heavy on the back side. Also, you're right I may have slung it open too fast. Anyway, I'll do better next time. Thanks again. This forum is great. A friend told me to check here to find an answer for anything. By the way, do you know the winning numbers for the lottery this weekend?[p]
  • Charlie
    Options
    one feral kat,[p]Thanks for the advise. I'll give it a try. The ribs turned out great anyway, so this thing must be pretty easy for me to be successful at bbq. My daddy convinced me growing up that you were supposed to scrape the black stuff off the steaks when they were cooked outside. He said that was what gave them their flavor. Boy it sure did, a it was not a good flavor. Thanks again.[p]Charlie

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Charlie,[p]If the black stuff gives flavor - why scrape it off? I like it myself but then I am not right in the head (or so I have been told). I am doing ribs tonight and if I am lucky - they will have a lite char from the sugar in the suace burning towards the end of the cook. Yummy!![p]Tim