Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I won

CecilCecil Posts: 771
edited 7:01AM in EggHead Forum
Every 6-8 weeks a group of friends get together for a themed wine tasting/supper. Last night's theme was Thanksgiving. Wines are tasted blind and prizes are given for the winning wine and the favorite food.

I made ABTs. First I smoked a turkey breast and made cornbread dressing. I stuffed the japs with dressing, hit it with Alabama white sauce, then a piece of turkey, wrapped with bacon and Egged. They were a runaway winner.

Pulled the rare double/double, as my wine won also.

Walt
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,342
    Congrats Cecil!

Wow, Thanksgiving ABTs. What a fantastic idea. Sounds like the win was well deserved. Nice work mang!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,845
    That is genius! What was the wine that won?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Congrats..ABT's with turkey,good idea
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • T-DAY ABTs Nice!
    ·
  • CecilCecil Posts: 771
    It was Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Hills Merlot. (Thanksgiving theme)

Walt
    ·
  • CecilCecil Posts: 771
    Indian Wells (not hills)
    ·
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Congrats on the win. That Alabama white sauce you speak of is good on anything ;) . We eat it on salads, baked potatoes, and all sorts of other things. I make my own sauce but I dont measure anything. Next time I make it I will measure my quantities and send you the recipe.
    ·
  • Walt, I really think your holiday take on ABT's was very imaginative and something I would like to try.

Congratulations and thanks for the recipe. :)
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    congrats! that's great
    context is important :)
    ·