Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Roger Waters and Googie Burger

SmokeyPitt
SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went to the Roger Waters The Wall concert in Atlanta last night. Best. Show. Ever.

Before the show I stopped at Googie Burger in Centennial Olympic Park. It has a goofy name, but man it was good. It is right there in the park and only has outdoor seating. They sell beer too :woohoo: ! They have Sweetwater and Tarapin (Atlanta Beers) as well as a few of the usuals (Bud, Miller, etc). Pretty reasonably priced food- beer is overpriced. If you find yourself in the park it is definitely worth checking out.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• SmokeyPitt,

God, I thought you were going to post an ad that he did for a burger chain. Sacrilege.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    :laugh:
    I can see how it came across that way. Don't worry- his iconic rock god status is safe.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• I hear the show is awesome.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Googie Burger is outstanding.
    Went to Roger Waters here in St Louis a couple of weeks ago and it was outstanding. And I'm glad to see him drawing decent crowds.
    We have a bunch of local musicians that do an all Floyd show called El Monstero during the xmas holidays. It's usually 5-6 shows and sells out almost immediately. I've seen Pink Floyd in their different lineups since 1973 and these guys do it justice. They start out playing The Wall from start to finish with all of their videos re-created. Then they play Wish You Were Here start to finish. They take a break and then play Metal and Dark Side of the Moon start to finish. It's all good stuff and radio today will never allow a band like Pink Floyd happen.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I've seen Roger Waters also. In the early 90's. He puts on one heck of a show!!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    :laugh: :laugh:
    My first time
    Ticket= $35
    16 yrs old , front row center, Maple Leaf Gardens
    Straight as an arrow (DD):woohoo: :woohoo:

Damn, did I ever make up for that one for the next 300+ shows :laugh:

Shane