Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Are You Ready:

Pork Butt Mike
Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Are you getting all ready for the Big Holiday Cook? We are getting all geared up for our Ocala Camping Holiday Trip. Doing up the whole Turkey Dinner and fixings at the Camp Ground. With good friends coming to try there first Turkey on the Egg. I told the wife make sure you pack the Peanutbutter just in case. :woohoo: I should have lots of pictures if I remember, this getting old is not fun. :ohmy:

Hope you all have a great Holiday with Family and Friends and safe one. May your dinner turn out the best you have ever done. Don't make it complicated keep it simple and enjoy it.

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Wish we had one of the Campers here Mike we would crash your party!! We are not cooking a thing! PATTI is doing Thanksgiving dinner and she wants to do it all!! she has a huge nice kitchen in her new place. the joke is she does NOT cook! not a thing LOL she lives off gummy bears and raisins and junk like that LOL. I started it as a joke and she took it up and is doing it LOL. She is so freaking funny! have a wonderful weekend my friend!! hmmm if it does not work out here it is only 3 hours to Ocala....
  • With out saying you know the door is always open to you and Neil. If I were you I have a Turkey on hand just in case. LOL.... Enjoy Julie and be safe.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Thanks Mike,
    May youins have safe passage, the best PBJ sandwiches ever and a very relaxing enjoyable time.
    Jupiter Jim and KayNOcook

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Enjoy your Holiday Mike. We are going back up to Cincinnati [leaving tomorrow] to have Thanksgiving with kids and grandkids.
    We need to have another Tampa Bay Eggers lunch after the Holidays. :)
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    you have a great Thanksgiving too. and you dont have to get old to not remember things!!! i know that for a fact :laugh: :laugh:
  • Hi Mike and Sabrina. I hope you have a wonderful camping trip and a great Thanksgiving. Enjoy yourselves.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Mike you are so right on the OLD part.
    You all have a ball on the trip.Send pic's...
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Mike, Sounds like fun. Ordered my turkey from the butcher yesterday. Cooking the bird next Thursday, then taking it a few miles up the road to my SIL's. Then I leave for deer camp two days later :woohoo: Have a great holiday!
    Brian
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Have a great holiday, Mike! Stay safe and.......take a pic of that turkey cooking on the small! :laugh:
  • Have a Happy Thanksgiving Mike! :)
  • Mike

My wife and I are camping at our place in Bell Florida, not far from Ocala. We are going to spatchcock a small turkey on Thanksgiving, have an XL here. After that some other camping friends are coming for the weekend. Also check your email.
    PS spelling doesn’t count!
  • have a great Thanksgiving's Day enjoying the great outdoors!
    mid seventies here today -- doesn't seem right :unsure:
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Hey Mike,I hope that y'all have a great trip.I'll be working,but I can't complain about that :P I don't even get to cook a turkey on my egg this year,I've been out-voted,so I have to fry a damn bird :blink: Oh well,I don't really like turkey that much anyway :lol: