Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New egger!

EGGRPh
EGGRPh Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello everyone,

I have had my Lg. since May and it has been awesome. The kids love the chicken wings that come off the BGE. I have been given the seal of approval to do the Thanksgiving Day turkey after a very good trial run. My mother-in-law loved the legs. Now, last night to be exact, my 8 yrs. old (my oldest) asked if I could get him a mini so he can cook his own wings for himself. The wife laughed and said she thought that was fantastic. I hope we can get it for him. Last time I suggested getting a small I got the "look". You married folk know what I mean. Got to get them egging when they are young.

Stef in Brunswick, Oh.

Comments

• BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    if you got the approval now, go get IT!!! :) :laugh:
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Get him a small, tell the wife he will grow into it! :laugh: :P :woohoo:
  • Get him a small, tell the wife he will grow into it!
    Exactly! Tell her they are like tennis shoes.

I definitely say go for it! Just imagine the immense quality time that you can spend teaching and cooking with him. I'm also thinking it would make an awesome show and tell activity for school :woohoo:
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Capt. Frank wrote:
    Get him a small, tell the wife he will grow into it! :laugh: :P :woohoo:

sounds like great advice! you've been given the window.. go... go get it... now! haha

we have an XL and shortly after I started planting the seed of getting another one. at first dismissed... but when brought up when the conditions are right... there was a slight hesitation. seed planted... now just have to water it, nurture it and watch it grow...

does that make me a bad husband :whistle:
    context is important :)
  • EGGRPh
    Bad husband? No not at all. All you are doing is looking out for your family. Making sure they eat right. :laugh:

Stef in Brunswick, Oh.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    I am sorry, but when you said:
    "Last time I suggested getting a small I got the "look"." . . . I have always been led to believe that was strictly a female orientated phenomenon. :woohoo: :P :evil:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    EGGRPh wrote:
    Bad husband? No not at all. All you are doing is looking out for your family. Making sure they eat right. :laugh:

Stef in Brunswick, Oh.

i'll use that next time it comes up... actually.. it just came up a few min. ago at my folks place... the idea seemed to enrage my old man...

to quote "What do you need another one for". LOL

to which I replied, don't worry, before I buy my 2nd I'll buy you your first. He's happy with his gasser.
    context is important :)
  • We bought our first large egg last June and then purchased a medium in May, :lol: You can never have to many ;)
  • EGGRPh
    Thanks Judi,

I agree with you. BTW, where is Lewis Center Oh.?

Stef in Brunswick, Oh.