Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grid Cleaner Recommendation

Options
BeerMike
BeerMike Posts: 317
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been using the grid cleaner that came with my small BGE. It's one of those thingys with twin spirals of wire. I found a piece of the wire on a chicken breast the other night. No, I was not trying to clean the chicken with the grid cleaner. ;) I was egging in the dark and did not see the wire after cleaning the grid.[p]I need a recommendation for a new grid cleaner. I would prefer one that does not leave wire behind. :)[p]Thanks,[p]
BeerMike

I think it's time for another beer!
BGEing since 2003
2 Large BGEs 
Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
Living the dream in Wisconsin

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    BeerMike,[p]Stopped being a 'clean freak' years ago. Usually I either run Mr. Egg up to almost lava temp for 5 minutes or simply wait till the next time I grill and as the fire starts take the wire brush to it. Maybe three times a year I actually take it in and soak it and scrub it. Works just fine. Recently got the new cast iron grill and haven't had a chance to use it yet though.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    steak1.jpg
    <p />Sundown,[p]Nothing like cleaning the grate. Get those temps up and out of control for a great steak and then a cleaning. My cast iron is under the tree. If you saw my previous post, I have no willpower. Bad thoughts keep running threw my head. I'm going to season mine in grape seed oil. Let me know how you like it when you get going and any tips.[p]CWM
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    P1010068.jpg
    <p />BeerMike,[p]This is my current favorite....[p]It's made of a heatproof mylon and brass brissels.
    Damm near industructbale...so far!![p]BBQ Galore...9.99 right now!![p]P1010070.jpg

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    BeerMike,
    I got a Grill Wizard (see link) a few months ago and really like it. Has replaceable stainless scouring pads for the "brush", so you don't throw the whole thing away when they get gunked up, just the cheap pad. I got it based on Cooks Illustrated magazine ranking it their favorite in their testing, and it is living up to expectations for me.

[ul][li]The Grill Wizard[/ul]
  • BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    Basscat, I saw this when I did a Google search today. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks![p]Beers, [p]BeerMike
    I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    BeerMike,
    Glad to be of help, hope you like it as much as I do!

• Rafterdude
    Options
    BeerMike,
    Try a piece of wadded up aluminum foil, Works for me!
    Happy Holidays! Craig.