Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Houston Eggfest?

jbenny
jbenny Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone know if there is an eggfest coming up in the 713? I've been wanting to attend one for awhile.

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    No "Eggfests" in Houston to date.
    A few smaller gatherings by dealer and a couple smaller meetings by Eggheads but not a real Eggfest.
    What part of Houston are you located?
    Make the trip next year to Oklahoma City for a real nice Eggfest.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • jbenny
    We live in the upper kirby area inside the loop.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Would like to invite you to Salado (between Waco and Austin on I35) on March 26th. Only about 3 hours away.
    Look at the blog below my name.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

•  
    Darn, I was looking at your blog and now I wish I could be there, that looks great. I need to find myself a very rich Mistress. :laugh:

• No Eggfests anytime soon but Spring Hen and I are having a Christmas Party at the Chicken Ranch on December 18th.

Most of those attending will be Houston area Eggheads. You are welcome to stop by anytime between 4:00 and 10:00 to say hello and meet everyone.

Some will only stay a short time because of other parties, dinners and shopping but some like to stick around and enjoy themselves. We always have a good time.

Yes, we will be cooking multiple items on the Egg.

We are very near I-45 @ Cypresswood Drive in Spring.

If you would like more information give me a call at 281 353-7961.

Hope to see you here.

Spring "Anytime Is A Good Time For A Party" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Mickey
    Blair that good looking blog is ALL THE WORK of one Spring Chicken....
    He da man.....
    Please come see us.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Leroy that is pm? "You are welcome to stop by anytime between 4:00 and 10:00 to say hello"
    Just to be sure you are not starting the early morning chat lines once more :woohoo: :whistle:

• Ha... If you stop by at 4:00 AM you can be assured that you will be the only one partying.

Of course, Lilly Large may be entertaining a pork butt at 4:00 AM. She usually does before a party.

Spring "Early Bird No Longer" Chicken
  • jbenny
    Thank you for the invite, unfortunately I'll have to miss it because I'll be in Key West getting married but I'll be wishing I was egging!
  • We'll except your excuse and give you a rain check for both you and your new bride.

Meanwhile, don't forget the Salado Egghead Gathering in March. Like Mickey said, it's only 3 hours away and will make for a nice gathering of Eggheads.

Best wishes for a fun time in Key West.

Spring "Primed, Pumped And Percolating" Chicken
  •  
    I agree Mickey, Leroy is multi talented to an extreme!

Very nice Spring Chicken!

If there is a way I would love to come, my budget is not conducive to traveling these days but if it were I would be there.

Blair

• Tweety
    Tweety Posts: 455
    I think Clay and I can come! Can we bring anything?
  • Tweety
    Tweety Posts: 455
    I need to clarify...We're already set for Saledo. I'm replying to Spring Chicken's Christmas Party. Forgot to reply to your post about it last week.
  • That would be fantastic. Let us know if you need any info on hotels. We have a few within a mile or two.

Spring "Currently Second In Command" Chicken
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Mickey is right about you, Leroy. You were a HUGE part of making the Plano Outlaw Gathering a success! Your blog informed a whole lot of eggheads/ potential eggies! about the event. Your enthusiasm, as well as Spring Hens, is addictive. :) I wish I could come to your Coop party, but my Dads' birthday is on the same day. He'll be 81. He's also an Egghead! ;)
  • Thanks Steve, but you did all the heavy work. I just let my fingers do the keyboard stuff.

But you are right about 'enthusiasm' for the Egg. We love it and love the people we have met because of the Egg.

I wish you could come to the Christmas Party. It will be fun (as most Egghead Gatherings are) and will give folks a break from all the holiday hustle and bustle.

You could always bring your Dad. Just a thought.

Some may stay for hours and others for only a few minutes. Either way, they will get to meet Beli and his family.

Spring "Just Doing My Thang" Chicken