Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The "Small" vs. "Mini" Debate heats up!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    Be careful if searing on Miss Mini with the dome open, I have scorched my handle as it hangs in the down position. Not bad but enough to make me watch what I'm doing when the dome is up.
    Cheers,
    New Bob

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]Thanks....I'm not sure where I got Seasonal Distibuters from....My bad!![p]BTW....I clicked on your name instead of your post and went to your profile....I must say..."I am damm proud to now be listed on your Profile Page"!![p]Have a "Smokin Weekend"!![p]
    Chubby

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Chubby,
    I just had my small up to 850 last weekend, fwiw....
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Trout Bum
    Options
    Chubby,
    Having both the small and the large, I can say beyound a doubt that the small will not reach the temps that the large does.
    If this is to be your only egg, I strongly suggest you look into the medium.
    Regards and Happy Holiday,
    BD

• Chubby,[p]I just got a small to go with my large. I did not have any trouble getting it up to 800+ to TRex a couple of 2" ribeyes tonight. Man were they good! Just use plenty of lump and light in several places. I use a MAPP torch. Also, I plan on using the small to wok cook with.[p]Long live the egg!!!!!![p]Gil