Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tried beef ribs (dinosaur bones)

walruseggerwalrusegger Posts: 314
edited 8:36AM in EggHead Forum
Been wanting to do beef ribs for a while. Picked a three rack pack and decided I'd cook all three tonight, one for dinner with the family and two for tomorrow's tailgate for Monday Night Football (GO SKINS!). They turned out great. Bonus shot of some crab stuffed shrimp I did last night on the egg right on the stone in the pic.

beefribs4.jpg
beefribs2.jpg
beefribs3.jpg
beefribs.jpg
crabstuffedshrimp.jpg

Comments

• Walrusegger, they look like walrus tusks with a lot of met on them. :laugh: Lucky you, you'll have something delicious to munch on during the game tomorrow night.
  • Beef ribs have become my favorite this year....when I can find them!
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • That looks awesome! What kind of sauce did you use, and what time and temp? Redskins fan transplanted to NC.
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    Beautiful! Hail to the Redskins!
  • Typical indirect set up with one rack on the grid and two on an elevated raised grid. Did a 4-1-1 (four hours @ 260-280, one hour in foil and about 45 min back on with sauce). Sauce was Sweet Baby Rays as a base with some my own twists.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,598
    Sure wished you could mail a rib this way.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Beef ribs look great! :P So does your crab stuffed shrimp. :P Tim
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    hey that's pretty good.. what temp/time did you cook them at?
    context is important :)
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    nice...
    flinstone ribs...
    nice...
    congrats