Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Steak with Spaghetti Squash and the last Tomatoes

eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,393
edited 9:52PM in EggHead Forum
The steaks looked nice in the grocery store again and my niece and nepew both wanted steak today. So steak it was. 3 NY Strips and one ribeye. Decided to serve it with roasted spaghetti squash with butter, S&P and a smidge of parmesean along with rosti, asparagus, and salad (the last tomatoes from my sisters garden).

I started out egging the squash on the grid at 300 degrees for about 45 minutes. After the steaks were seared on the lump reducing ring, I slide the reducer ring to the side of the egg under the cast iron half moon with the rosti and the asparagus. I kept the steaks and squash on the cooler side.
IMG_5483.jpg

The steak and veggies. The steak was a bit overcooked for may preference.

IMG_5491.jpg

This was a nice, easy meal I could pull off after having to go into work today. Hope your weather is as gorgeous as it is in Ohio today! :)

Comments

• Great looking meal Rebecca, I'm sure it was delicious

Ross
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    Wonderful looking meal, Rebecca, I'll bet it was good!
  • Rebecca,

Great looking meal! Enjoy the weather while you can. Got some Canadian stuff coming your way...sorry :(

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,718
    love that squash, just throw it on the grill and cook it, looks great, need to pick up a steak
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    That ia a "To DIE FOR" Meal!!! :)
  • Thank you so very much Ross! :)
  • You are so kind fire egger! :)
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    what a feast my friend...
    it looks so goood....
    congrats
  • Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Rebecca, Did you have a designer place that food on your grill?? Very nice B)
    Brian
  • Steven, boo hoooooooo :( I knew this Indian summer would come to an end. Can't you keep the door closed a little bit longer?
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    Yummmmm,,, looks great. Have a porterhouse going on in a bit
  • fish, there's nothing easier than spaghetti squash on the egg, is there? So easy and yet so delicious. :)
  • Lobicho, thank you for the kind words! :)
  • Brian, I just placed the food according to the fire. Some of the rosti and aspargus got crispier than others. I know many knock the XLG, but I love the real estate. :side:
  • Your niece and nephew are eating large :)

Very nice
  • Pat, somehow, I suspect your porterhouse will equal the combined weight of these four steaks. :laugh: :lol: :woohoo:
  • Actually Hoss, you've got it wrong......it's your peppers that are to die for!!!!!! :laugh: :woohoo: :evil:
  • They're just like my kids Frank. :) At least they appreciate my efforts. Tonight they're fixing crepes. My niece whipped up the batter earlier to let it rest before this evening.
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Nice cook Rebecca, That was a nice looking meal and a bunch to eat. Tim ;)
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    Looks terrific! To juggle the different foods, time and temp is not easy, but you make it look easy. Nice work!

Well it was snowing this afternoon so it's not as nice here as where you are. But I'm cooking on two eggs today... three meat loaves, nine lamb chops and two squash. Trying to keep up with you. :laugh:
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,201
    Morning Rebecca:

That is one loaded Egg...but a fine looking meal!

Spaghetti Squash is one of our favorites too (then why haven't we done it in a while??????)

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Tim, my nephew is a human garbage disposal. I don't know how he eats it all. If FlaPoolman ever visits, I'll have to vanish my nephew. :woohoo:
  • Clay, no wonder you don't think you can keep up with me......just look behind you, wayyyyyyyy behind you and that's where you'll find me! :laugh:

Mmmmmmmm meatloaf and lamb.....I'll look forward to your post! :) Be sure and show some snow!
  • Good Morning to you Jay! :) I know what you mean, somehow we forget some of our foavorites until we get a reminder. :) Such an easy and delicious veggie.
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Geesh, that looks great!
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Pretty lucky niece and nephew. Do they know that?
  • Thanks Todd! :) You are such a sweetie.

Did I miss pics of your chili last week? I kept looking for the pics, just hope I didn't miss them.
  • Al, there are days they know it and there are just as many days they don't know it. :laugh:
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice meal! Love the rosti! What's in them?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Wow, Rebecca, that is one busy grate! And it looks like it turned out great.

How do you make your rosti? They look good.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This