Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

SPATCHCOCK TURKEY DEMO COOK VIDEO NOW UP

SmokinGuitarPlayerSmokinGuitarPlayer Posts: 698
edited 12:08AM in EggHead Forum
We had our Big Green Egg demonstration cook yesterday roasting a 15lb Turkey "spatchcock" style so we shot video footage and I just got it edited and posted on the website, our forum and youtube for those of you who have been bugging me and anybody else interested in cooking a turkey on their Big Green Egg this way.

re: The Turkey - cooked in under 2 hours and I must tell you that by cooking it this way, the charcoal flavor permeates the turkey meat and it tastes fantastic and you avoid most of the uneven cooking and doneness issues! Everybody there was blown away and the turkey was completely picked clean in short order. I barely got a piece...AND NO LEFT OVERS FOR ME FOR TODAY :(

enjoy the video and Happy Eggin., FB/SGP

PS..here's a couple of pics from yesterday.

SPATCHCOCKTURKDONE.jpg

?action=view&current=FABULOUS.jpg
Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,088
    Thanks Fred! Watching the video now. As always very entertaining and informative.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Thanks Fred. Was going to do a spatchcock turkey last year but wife was not enthused. After we watched the video, we're going for it this year.
    Rick, CL