Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Stuffed Turkey on the BGE?

DMurfDMurf Posts: 479
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am not a person that stuffs turkeys as a method of cooking, I have been this way for 23 years just chuck some onions and seasonings in the cavity and call it good. I do like stuffing, what I typically make comes out of a box, but do not want to deal with the extra time to cook.

Yesterday I got a recipe that places the stuffing under the skin of the turkey and I thought that was a great idea, then I saw that the turkey had been butterflied, spatchcocked, so that it would cook quickly. The even had instructions for grilling! Wow, now being a guy I don't always follow the directions, ok make that never :blush: but I did follow most of them.

Here is photo of the turkey with the back bone removed and the stuffing under the skin ready to go on the grill...
StuffedTurkeyBefore.jpg

and here is the bird ready to come off...
StuffedTurkeyAfter.jpg

I would have been very proud to serve this at the Thanksgiving feast, and my do so have to see what plans are changing. If you would like the recipe here is the link to Epicurious.com for all the details.
David
BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.

Comments