Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Look

Options
Bobby-Q
Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted something above the rather rude comments about the Egg ads and people's relatives.[p]So what's on your list to Egg this weekend?

Comments

• Bobby-Q,[p]I'm doing Lamb, and have you seen the ad? Or are you just being "rude" yourself? Do you even know what Dwell magazine is, I wonder.[p]EL
  • Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]I agree. go post that under the "never satisfied" board.[p]We're having T-Rexed ribeyes on friday, beef tenderloin saturday (I'm hoping my wife will help me peel the tenderloin if you know what I'm saying), and then we are possibly T-Rexing ribeyes for a beer exchange mens-only party saturday night. [p]Sunday will probably be two different tenderloins and maybe some ABT's if the wife feels up to it.[p]How about you Bobby-Q?
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]Good call. [p]Headed to McGonigles for a filet Friday with scallops.[p]Saturday looks like tri tip sandwiches.[p]Sunday for The KC Chefs at Arrowhead. ABTs, mad max style, Jamician Firewalk wings, sweet and spicy chicken sandwiches, and raspberry chipolte pork tenderloins.[p]CWM
    [ul][li]McGonigles[/ul]
  • Bobby-Q
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    This week has been so crazy I haven't thought that far ahead yet.[p]I'm planning on doing a double cooked/smoked ham for X-mas though, so that should keep me busy planning for a bit anyway.[p]So is Eggselent gonna be cooking the steaks for the "men only" event? If so I think she should get an invite.[p]:)

• Bobby-Q
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Man, I am jealous. All that and a beautiful smilin' daughter to boot!!![p]Lucky Guy!

• Mark Backer
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]Nah. She'll be busy entertaining my mother. (Yikes). [p]As for the beer exchange, it's a neighborhood thing, and there are around 12-16 guys going. Most, if not all of them want me and my brother in law to cook the steaks on our eggs, but the host (a guy we've tried to get hooked up with an egg for a while) is getting all defensive. [p]His plan is to sear the steaks on his gasser (laugh) and then wrap them in foil for some period of time, then cook them more. My brother in law said "dude, that's just gonna make mushy steaks." No matter. The host is defensive so it's quite possible I will quietly eat my steak at home, on my mini, before we ever leave. Then I can just eat the cocktail franks and chicken nuggets. ;)[p]Oh, and if she'd cook the steaks topless, we'd be happy to invite her. LOL
  • Bobby-Q,
    Rib Roast tonight![p]Best,[p]CTB

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]I'm starting my annual Christmas Brisket Marathon weekend tonight. I've purchased several small brisket flats that I smoke on the egg and deliver them in a preheated cooler (sounds like an oxymoron to me) along with a Christmas card.[p]It's a bit of work, but it's a gift that is always appreciated and enjoyed.[p]Both Larges will be smoking every night till Monday.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
    Austin, TX[p]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Sounds great, my home address is on the way. LOL ÜÜÜ[p]Sounds like you are making some friends very happy, a great gift if you ask me.[p]
    Cheers,
    New Bob

• Pigasso
    Pigasso Posts: 111
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]It shall be a busy egging time in Houston![p]Tonight - spinach and garlic pizza
    Friday - Wings and ABT's
    Saturday - Spatchcocked Chicken
    Sunday - Prime Rib Roast with Dizzy Pig Potatoes and asparagus with garlic. Au Jus made in the now rarely used household oven with braised oxtail as a base.[p]Oinks![p]

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    If she does that....I want an invite.....LOL[p]Wess

• Mark Backer
    Options
    WessB,[p]It'll be SRO, baby. And 20 bucks won't even get you in the door.
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    New Bob,[p]Thanks! It went over last year pretty well, so now it's looking like the beginning of a tradition.[p]I do get to spend several evenings with the eggs and a favorite beverage while enjoying the aroma of brisket and smoke while watching shooting stars.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    just picked up 2 butts, one goes in the mojo marinade tonight,the other will be cut in half of which half will be ground with lamb for loukanika sausage and the othe half will be traditional pull for some beans.sunday will be lechon asado with a mojo sauce, pastitsio with the sausage, and beans.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Egg Lover:[p]Yeah . . . That is probably the same old ad Ed has been running in the Al Jazeera Constitution and Journal sports section here in Atlanta for the past thirty years . . . He is still pushing wheel barrows to the bank . . . Amazing, ain’t it?
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    fishlessman:[p]Do you use retsina in your loukanika? I have not tried this recipe, but it is on the list . . .

[ul][li]Another Loukanika Recipe . . .[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    djm5x9,
    As usual, you speak the truth. I've not seen the ads, but Ed now has people talking about them. Brilliant![p]Hugs to the princess, and a high five to the boys...if you would.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • fishlessman
    Options
    djm5x9,
    ive done it with a dry white before, unable to find the right wine, i mentioned that i needed some retsina at a party a while back and asked some people if they could look for it and now theres a bottle sitting on the shelf for the sausage. it makes great pastitsio. that recipe looks good, but it needs lamb 2:1 mix with the pork to really make it good. if you never made this greek style lasagna, give it a try. the recipe is in one of my sausage making books and has the sausage as well as the pasta recipe

fukahwee maine

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    djm5x9,
    I wish I could learn to do everything wrong like Ed,Jim,Lou,B.A. and the rest of the gang at BGE.I would leave this job today.
    Larry

• Bobby-Q
    Options
    djm5x9,
    You know it amazes me sometimes the (well not so much anymore as I have become used to all of you) the level of culinary taste and intelligence that is exhibited on this board.[p]We've got by far the best sources for BB-Q and then you add in all of the other types of cuisines that are represented here and it's just amazing. It reminds me so much of the discussions that went on during culinary school where everyone is just all about the food and we were all like sponges when it came to any new food idea or technique or recipe.[p]By the nature of having graduated from culinary school and then working in the industry for so many years, I've been exposed to a lot more food concepts, recipes, products, techniques, what have you, than your average citizen. But coming on this board and hanging out for a while has humbled me about what I know and don't know about food.[p]And every time I see your posts djm I crave a vinegar based Carolina table sauce...go figure.

• fishlessman
    Options
    djm5x9,the recipe i have is in bruce aidells's complete sausage book i think

fukahwee maine

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]Tonight it's seared wasabi tuna. Hard to beat! Even the two year old loves it!![p]Oh, yeah, there will be a tall, ice cold Kirin Light along side.
  • Bobby-Q,
    Grandpa, but she is mine and nobody better try to come taker.
    Thanks for everything.[p]
    CWM

• tenntom
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    Lets see a couple of nites ago, a ribeye and filed on mini.
    Well cook about 6 to 8 boneless chicken breast for 48 fajita stuffed jalepenos for close family--you know, kids,wives and grandkids along with BGE chili. And of course a whole ribeye for Chistmas Eve...Plus a couple more steaks in there for that good looking woman I keep following around, and maybe a salmonf filet...Great holiday week planned..Oh yea A Nesco full of new olens' gumbo for new years....