Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first BGE failure

Deggman
Deggman Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I decided to cook something that I have cooked a few times before, Rack of Lamb (which turned out fine) and roasted potatoes. I also tried something new, grilled romaine lettuce. Let me start with the lettuce, ugh, this is not good! Haha, I drizzled olive oil, salt and pepper, grilled it til it showed a lil color, then sprinkled with parmegan and drizzled with balsamic glaze. I don't mean to put anyone down, and I know the egg is a blast to cook on, but come on fellow eggheads, lettuce is supposed to be cold! So I guess you can't really call that a fail, since that is how it is supposed to be, my fiance, nor I enjoyed it. Second part of fail; I expected the rack to take much less time to cook, so not really paying any attention to them, I overcooked my taters! I have to say this is my first fail on my BGE, which I have had for four months and cook on about 4 times a week, and really it wasn't that bad. The egg is great, it is so hard to screw something up, when you do it is pretty much a fluke! I am probably just over-reacting because I decided to quit my 5 year nicotine habit 3 days ago! Anyway, happy egging everyone! Thanks for listening to my rant!

Comments