Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Forum Check

Billy Grill EggsterBilly Grill Eggster Posts: 402
edited 3:49AM in EggHead Forum
We have 409 guests online and We have 21 members online

The smoke detectors started to chirp randomly at 3:00AM. Got out of bed to look for batteries at 4:00. I spent the last half hour NOT finding batteries. Note to self, "get dozen 9 volt batteries"
These are hardwired with battery back-up and taking batteries out only makes them chirp more!
Billy
Wilson, NC
Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks

Comments

• Which reminds me ......... Batteries.

Thanks for checking the Forum. Supreme Headquarters removed that duty from my list of things to do during the dark period and assigned me to a sleep test project. I think it has something to do with my growing need for torso repairs.

Sleep works for me.

Spring "Yawnnnnn" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,678
    Good mornin Leroy :)
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,700
    That happened to me once so I yanked it off the ceiling. Even with the battery removed, no power...it still chirped. Must have a small internal battery. Filled the sink with water and dropped it in. That stopped it. I replaced it with a lithium that supposedly lasts 10 years.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Why is it that the batteries always die right in the middle of the night while you are sleeping??? They seem to never die during the daytime :laugh: :angry:
  • Thanks SC. Don't yawn too wide you'll need "Head and Torso" repairs
    Billy
    Wilson, NC

• Nine foot ceilings so it means a trip to garage get the BIG ladder.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC

• RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Billy,

Dust can cause them to chirp as well. ;)
  • I'm finding out that the temperature drop ( lowered for sleeping ) affects the batteries. Cold air temps lower power output/voltage from batteries.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC

• Thanks, I think it might be batteries, :woohoo: grease pencil date on battery cover said June 2008. :silly:
    Billy
    Wilson, NC