Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipe for Chubby\'s Egg Thingies

Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had some late requests for details of Chubby and Ann's Breakfast dish. Here's the recipe.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=212870&catid=1

valentines024.jpg

valentines026.jpg

valentines029.jpg

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Thanks, Mike. Can you decipher for us what the A thingee stands for? Is it 1 1/4 pounds of mushrooms? And is it 1/4 cup of shallots?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    That moves to the top of my "must try" list B) Looks wonderful and I bet it tastes even better ;)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    since you can apparently read the first two lines of the recipe whereas I can't was I correct in assuming the first quantity is 1 1/4 pounds (seems lik a lot!) and the second line 1/4 cup? Thank you!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    those are some great food shots, is williams sonoma still doing that recipe thing that was posted a month or so back
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Lawn Ranger
    Ron:

If you look at who posted that recipe, then you will understand...Egret :woohoo: I think I'll go look at the Eggs By The Bay Recipes and see if I can decipher.
    1 1/4 pounds does seem like a lot.

Mike
  • Lawn Ranger
    Baked Eggs w/Mushrooms
    in Ham Crisps
    Ann Tabor
    Houston, Texas

1¼ lb. cremini (baby bella) mushrooms, finely chopped
    ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    2 tbs. unsalted butter
    2 tbs. olive oii
    2 tbs. sour cream
    1 tbs. finely chopped tarragon or parsley
    12 slices Black Forest Ham (without holes)
    12 large eggs (don’t use extra large or jumbo)

Preheat EGG to 375 degrees dome for direct cooking. Fit 1 slice of ham in each of the 12 lightly oiled muffin cups (ends will stick up and fold over the edges).
    Saute mushrooms, garlic and shallots in oil & butter until mushrooms have rendered off most of their liquid (about 10 minutes).
    Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and tarragon. Salt and pepper to taste. Evenly divide mushroom mixture into the ham cups and crack one egg into each one. Garnish with tarragon or parsley and bake (about 10 minutes) until whites are set and yolks are runny (if desired) Remove ham crisps from muffin cups with 2 spoons or small spatulas.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Thanks, Mike. Got lucky. ;)
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    I've made them several times and they really do come out that beautiful!
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • This is one of my goto cookd to show people how much fun the egg can be.

V/R
    Lazydog B)
  • I wish I could do runny yokes, honest I do, but I can't. What would I do to this to add scrambled eggs that set up firm? I've been wanting to come up with a breakfast dish in a cupcake tin and this looks like it will save me from re-inventing the breakfast wheel.

Thanks,

Bruce