Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Paver for large

tsbrady
tsbrady Posts: 101
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
is a 16" square paver 2" thick the right size to use for a large?

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    That's what I use under mine.
  • If you still have the feet, I would put them between the paver and egg. This creates an air gap.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I took a little different approach. Instead of just one solid 16 x 16 x 2 piece I bought 2 pieces each 8 x 16 x 2. Then I placed them so there was about a 4" space between them and then the 3 ceramic feet and then my large egg. In affect what that did was make my egg more stable by resting on a slightly larger base. On just a 16 x 16 footprint the feet are close to the edge whereas spread out the way I did they rest solidly away from the edges. Maybe it seems quirky but it works! BTW my stones are front and back not side by side. That way the foot at the back keeps the egg from tipping backwards or in other words a foot is at 12:00 4:00 and 8:00
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • tsbrady
    tsbrady Posts: 101
    RRP, I had an emergency at work yesterday and just got back on line, thanks for the reply, unfortunately I already bought the 16" pavers then when I got home I thought whether I had the right ones! I do have the feet left over from my medium which appear to be the same size as the large so I figured I would use a couple of the medium's feet for added support.

BTW... IIRC don't you sell the rutland kits? If so I will probably get one for the new large, I put nomex on my medium but when my gaskets go on the large I want to try the rutland, let me know and thanks again!

Also thanks to everybody else for the replies!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    no need to use more than 3 feet, as you risk wobbling - explanation is a geometrical principle which escapes me right now...seeing I studied that - but obviously have forgotten in the last 51 years! :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    they have round ones too.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante