Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty

Jumping Joe
Jumping Joe Posts: 114
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK so I sent my warranty card in for my large BGE about 4 weeks ago....do I get something stating that I am covered. Sending my small warranty in tomorrow.

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    From what I hear, no.

Can't speak from personal experience though. My large is over a year old and the mini isn't that far behind - I haven't mailed either one yet. One of these days.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I didn't get anything back. I have a feeling they go to a circular file and it is your receipt that is most important.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Your receipt from an authorized dealer is all you need.
  • I believe you just go through your dealer... the card isn't necessary and usually ends up putting you on some mailing lists.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    We sent ours in and never got nothing back. I don't know what they do with the card but, I would think that if some day the dealer goes out of business and you misplaced you receipt the mothership will have your registration card but, I don't know for sure. Tim
  • You will not get any sort of acknowledgment. I don't know that I've ever gotten an acknowledgment from any manufacturer that I've sent a warranty card in for.
    The Naked Whiz
  • I've sent in two warranty cards with no response. Finally sent a note to BGE asking if they had been received, they answered quickly with a yes.

Barry
    Marthasville, MO
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    I hope so...mine is out of business and not sure where the receipt is....think I kept it though.
  • Cruezn
    Cruezn Posts: 317
    I haven't gotten anything back on either warranty card I submitted, but wasn't really expecting anything either. I figure as long as I have the receipt, I'll be ok.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    I placed a call to the mothership and spoke to Bruce Bohannon. I was informed there is no note coming back from the mothership of the receipt of your warranty card. Bruce went on saying the information goes into a database. I asked if the dealer also reports to the mothership who the new owners are and was told no. It is the new owners responsibility to send the card in but, if the card has not been sent in all you need is the purchase receipt. If you don't have that you need to call the mothership and talk to Bruce. If you have a warranty issue go to your dealer and the two of you should be able to work it out. If you all can't work it out call the mothership. Bruce did elaborate on more things but, I have repeated here what has been told to me by the best of my recollections. Believe me I do get things mixed up so call the mothership if you have questions. I did thank Bruce for his time with me on the phone because I know his time is valuable. Bruce was very nice to me and answered all my questions. Tim :)