Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Throwdown and other Disasters

Options
Doug in Eggmonton
Doug in Eggmonton Posts: 1,999
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made Spanish Tortilla Frittata

The raws

BreakfastThrowdown001.jpg

Note the date, as bad a this turned out, I think I should win because I have the only documented date :laugh: .

BreakfastThrowdown002.jpg

All was going good, but I overheated the pan, so when I put the chorizo and potatoes into the pan with some oil it lit on fire. Even stirring as fast as I could I couldn't prevent some extra crisping :ohmy:. Once that all calmed down, and the potatoes and chorize were done, the eggs went in:

BreakfastThrowdown003.jpg

And once it was all done:

BreakfastThrowdown005.jpg.

On top are sliced wild onions that had been marinated in lemon and olive oil.

To top it all of I was using my thermapen to measure the egg temperature ala Little Steven, but I left it out on the egg and forgot about it, when I came back I closed it but the plastic peace that connects the sensor to the switch was soft and broke apart. OOPS!

You know how important something is to you when the first thing you do after you break one is order another.

Doug

Comments