Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone do Eel on the Egg?

Options
Topo Gigio
Topo Gigio Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,[p]It is a Christmas Eve tradition to have Eel among the feast of 7 fishes with our family. I have cooked Eel many times by deep frying it. I am wondering if anyone has done it on the egg or has any suggestions on how to do Eel on the egg.[p]Thanks in advance.

Comments

• LOG
    LOG Posts: 85
    Options
    Topo Gigio,
    I would do it like Nature Boys Maple Salmon. I think that would be the best thing to cover up some of the fishy taste of the eel. You would have to skin it and skinning an eel is not easy. I have tried eel, my grandmother used to make it. Not my favorite! I made the Salmon last night that is some good stuff. I think his recipe is listed. Good Luck!
    Jeff/LOG

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Topo Gigio,[p]Did eel about three years ago and it was super! I did it 350º direct. Sprayed eel with a little oil and used a grilling basket. Ussed just a little allpe smike and I'll tell you it was great! Haven't done it since because I'm the only one that will eat it and the little woman has hissy fits at the thought of eating her pork chop from a grill that cooked an eel.
    I have never found them to have a fishy taste. (Saved the skin and rigged it to fish for stripped bass with from the surf.) Around here eel has gotten expensive.