Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Come clean Ray...36 minutes

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There had to be something going on that didn't make it on the air...there is no way in hell those guys took raw ribs out of a cooler and cooked them for 36 minutes and got any kind of positive vote from you...come clean...they par boiled em didn't they..good show anyway..

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    B) I call BS!!.Edited my prior post!!! B)
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Well Hoss,
    You might want to read your own signature line. I don't think we've ever met but you just called **** on me. Get to know me a little and you'll realize that my biggest faults is ALWAYS calling it like I see it.

Here's what I wrote up above and it's the truth.

"What the guy did was grill some very small ribs and he got them done just right. He also had a really good fiery rub on them and frankly they were very good.

I'm not sure I'd call them comp quality if for no other reason than they were so small, but he could have easily dried them out and he didn't."
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    I think I need to give that a try.

I so something similar with lamb shoulder steaks and it works. I normally sear lamb shoulder steaks and then braise them, but I also cook them hot and fast. They are not nearly so tender, but the flavor is good.