Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

mexican stir fry/ grilled burrittos

fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
edited 10:25AM in EggHead Forum
some sirloin sliced thin with lime juice, red chile powder, garlic, onion, cilantro, basalmic vinegar and s&p. onto a hot griddle and browned slightly

IMG_1230.jpg

add some pearl rice and black beans
IMG_1231-1.jpg
IMG_1236.jpg
burritos rolled and back on the grill for a quick browning

IMG_1254-1.jpg
IMG_1259-1.jpg
have a good night!!

Comments

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Love that cook Kendall!!
    I do the green chili on the egg but just roll em in the kitchen. Thanks for the post and idea!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    Thanks Molly, we are out of green chiles, didnt make it to Hatch this year, so red powder has to do.
    we will do this cook again, the grilling adds a lot of texture, and maybe a little flavor. next time I will add a little red chile sauce over them.
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,278
    Nice cook and I love that griddle!
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • I love this place.....

Nice job, Kendell.
  • LovenbrauLovenbrau Posts: 307
    Great looking meal, and the stir frying without a net (edge), talent!
    Thanks, Chris, it's a lodge CI pizza pan, very versatile piece.
    Thanks!!
    well I might of spilled a little, didnt post that pic!! :laugh:
  • Hawg FanHawg Fan Posts: 1,314
    Kendell, that's an impressive cook. I bought a flat griddle a few weeks ago and haven't used it yet. Thanks for the idea.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Tulsa, OK
    Thanks, the griddle gets a lot of use around here.
    How bout the hogs, they gonna keep goin?
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Something different. I like that!! Hope your enjoying the cooler weather tonight. We even lite the BGE chemenea tonight and felt pretty good! One problem I see with your post. The beer is not open! ;)
  • KMagnusKMagnus Posts: 114
    My job involves travel...so it sucks to be subjected to a sub-par restaurant meal, that being Chili's fajitas, and then come back to the hotel and look at great pics like these posted to the forum.

Freakin' awesome looking meal!

What brand & size tortilla did you use? Looks like you were able to get 10 burritos - any idea how many lbs sirloin you used?

-Ken
  • TnVolKenTnVolKen Posts: 198
    Nice looking cook. I have the same griddle at the house, great griddle.
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Man that looks so good. Thanks, Tim :P
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Nice job!
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • That is a bangin' lookin' dish bro! I have so much to learn... and so much gear to buy LOL
  • Good post.... We need more of this. Thanks for taking the time and effort to share something worth sharing.
    DMo
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    wow those look great, i will be making that this weekend!! YUM! :)
    Hey JL, yeah, the weather isnioce and we finally got some rain, hope you did, we fixed the beer problem right after the pic was taken !!
    It never ends, but it is sure fun goin!!
    Thanks, Buckethead
    with the egg, and all I have learned here, my wife and I rarely go out anymore, we end up wishing we had just cooked.
    Tortillas are store bought at kroger, not sure of the brand, sirloin was a little over a lb., we bought 2.5, used half for beef tips and noodles monday.
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Great looking cook Kendell. Got to love the flavor of tortilla's grilled on the egg.

What griddle are you using?

6" of snow this morning and the weather gussers are saying it will be 58° today. hehehehe
    Thank's Kent, it's a Lodge CI pizza pan, fits perfectly on the large, we use it all the time.
    we're still in the 60's at night/80's during the day, at lest we did get some rain finally.
    winter will come all at once this year, i'm afraid
    hope your doing well
    thanks Big A
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Kendell, the griddle is perfect for that cook. yummy looking burrittos! :)