Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Disabled Egg

yankeefanyankeefan Posts: 35
edited 9:24AM in EggHead Forum
For the 1st time in 6 yrs my egg is non-usable so I am hoping you can lead me in the right direction to solving this.

I never had to play with the 8 bolts that make up the hinge but had to last night with no sucess. For some reason a 3/8" or so gap is now between the lid and base. To the point where I had to remove the springs to get it to close so the fire would go out.

I loosened all 8 bolts, placed about 45 lbs on the lid, tightened everything back up, put the springs back on, opened the lid.....but, back to having the large gap.

So, is there a video on how to fix this or some PDF file I can read?

Thanks,
Howard
·

Comments

• HicHic Posts: 350
    I just got my egg a couple of weeks ago and watched the DVD. It did cover assembling the egg. It may be worth a watching.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • I had the same thing happen & called BGE for direction. They said to remove the springs & reinstall the original retaining clips to realign the hinge assembly. Then put the springs back on & it should be corrected. You will need to open the lid to take off or put the springs back on.
    Hope this helps.
    ·