Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Saturday Night Dinner

DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
edited 2:38AM in EggHead Forum
We picked up some huge ribeye steaks from Costco and also some great lookin scallops. Here is how it went...

The goods...

I wet marinaded them in Worcestershire, Red Wine Vinegar, Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder for 1 hour per side in the fridge...

Then after 2 hours of that I pull them out and use a dry rub and then they sit for 2 hours on the counter to warm up...

While the egg is heating up I started prepping the Onion Rings. I use the Louisiana Shrimp Fry for the breading. It really is the best for rings. Milk and a couple of eggs, whisk and then add Onion slices. Refrigerate for an hour or so...

Steaks on...

Prepping the scallops...

While the steaks are resting you can cook the scallops...

Frying the rings while everything is resting...

Plated and exhausted...

Everything was awesome. If Costco has those monster ribeye's again I highly suggest you pick some up. 2 of them fed four of us with some leftover steak. :woohoo:

Peace Out
This is the greatest signature EVAR!

• Makes, my monkey bread, chicken, and todays ribs look like childs play LOL!! Looks great!!
  • Makes me want to go to Costco....Right Now! Great lookin meal!
  • Woody69Woody69 Posts: 360
    Very nice ! I'll have to try those rings.
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Very nice them steaks are bignormous and look at all those scallops and onion rings... :P :P :P
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Wonderful Looking Meal Doug!
  • That looks delicious!
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Mouth-watering photographs! It all looks delicious.
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    My kind of cook great combination
  • You were on a roll this weekend my friend. Both cooks look fabulous. Looking forward to cooking with you again.

• DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Doug in Eggmonton wrote:
    You were on a roll this weekend my friend. Both cooks look fabulous. Looking forward to cooking with you again.

We will have to touch bases after the first of the year and see where we can meet up.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • AnnaGAnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Looks like the effort was worth it!!! Great looking meal Doug!!! :)
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,517
    What a cook :ohmy:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    two words.... yum... my!
    context is important :)
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Great looking dinner Doug. Sorry I wasn't home to get my invite... :P