Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Betcha Didn\'t Know This About Home Depot!

Options
Judy Mayberry
Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm trying to ramp up the temp on my Small, so I'm going to use expanded metal for a grate.

I went to the local Home Depot and they were all sold out of expanded metal. I asked the helper man to see if one of the other stores had it in stock, and he checked his pocket computer and there were plenty at another store. Then he took a business card out of his pocket and wrote something on the back of it, gave it to me, and said "Take this to the Customer Services desk after you pick up your metal."

At the other store, I got a piece of expanded metal ($9.29) and went to the desk. The card said, "Give customer an I-33 of expanded metal." I gave it to the clerk and she rang it up and handed me a receipt...for $0.00! I asked what was going on and what did I-33 mean, and she said "It's free, if it's under $10 and you had to go to another store to find it. If it's over $10, we give a discount."

That's what an I-33 is...if they don't offer it to you under these circumstances, blow them away by asking for one!

Judy in San Diego
Judy in San Diego

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    I bet you're right :)
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Judy, that is awesome, I love it.

PS - you have email
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Thanks Judy good info. ;) Tim
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Very good information to have!!
    Thank you and have a great day!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Thanks, will keep in mind...
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I asked a retired "snow bird" buddy of mine who lives up here in Illinois for 6 months and in Florida for 6 months. Since he really gets bored in FL - Don't ask me why! - he works part time at HD as a cashier. His response may even surprise you more!

Sure is!! You wouldn't believe what they're willing to do make a customer happy. Of course it really comes down to how a store is managed and how well the employees are trained. The return policy is truly even more unbelievable. And I couldn't tell you how many times a customer came through my line with something small that didn't have a price and I just gave it to them. That's what I was trained to do!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.