Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Max turkey thigh,a mini,shout out to AZRP-pic hvy

Smokin' not stirred
Smokin' not stirred Posts: 301
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bought 2 turkey thighs at the grocery store today and I was going to cook them like I usually cook chicken thighs, raised direct. I checked the forum and saw Mad Max's take and thought why not. Of course I had no mushrooms or anything else in his stuffing so I improvised. Here is my story..

Butterflied and chipolte rub

IMG_4826.jpg

The filler (roasted corn and poblano salsa)

IMG_4829.jpg

Stuffed

IMG_4831.jpg

Rolled (kind of) and in the pan

IMG_4833.jpg

Egg @ 400, peach and cherry wood. Indirect w/ plate setter

IMG_4835.jpg

Plated with habanero cranberry chutney, lentils (home made bacon added), broccoli rabe topped with a poached egg

IMG_4839.jpg

It was very good but I am not sold on the butterflying of meat. I think it thins out the cuts too much. I would almost rather have a whole thigh, or pork tenderloin with the sides. The roll makes for a better presentation but I don't mind a tastier mess. Thanks for the idea Max, it was good stuff.

Oh, my new mini

IMG_4843.jpg

...and lastly a pic for AZRP

IMG_4846.jpg

P.S. The Yankees are up against the ropes and swingin' at air. I new Vlad still had it.
Take luck, J.

Comments