Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

XL-ent pizza!

BBQfan1BBQfan1 Posts: 562
edited 10:04PM in EggHead Forum
113-1374_IMG.JPG
<p />Hopefully NB's pic posting tutorial works for me! Here is a shot of the pizza that I did for dinner tonight on the new XL. It's an 18" round 'za with pepperoni, bacon, mushroom and a mix of mozzarella and medium cheddar. Nothing outstanding except maybe the size of this baby! While it could, theoretically, be cooked on a Large, the XL and its big plate setter were the ideal vehicles for getting a nice even cook on this behemoth. My daughter Hannah could barely hold this baby up long enough for the pic to be snapped.
I can see going up to a 20 or 21" pizza pan for future experiments with pizza on the XL!
Qfan

Comments

• BBQfan1,
    No child labor laws up North?
    LOL[p]Both look great.[p]CWM

• drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    BBQfan1,[p]Nice pie and a cute kid. Can't do that on an oval.
    I fired up my xl tonight too for a few pork steaks. They looked lost over in the corner.
    I know we've heard this before but I think the XL's are very close!!

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • eggoreggor Posts: 777
    BBQfan1,
    gosh, look at them muskles, shes gonna be in the olympics some day!!!

• BBQfan1,
    Your daughter steals the picture. I hope you can bring her to one of the competitions next year, maybe Harpoon? [p]Brett

• tsticktstick Posts: 67
    BBQfan1,
    Where are these XLs? I (supposedly)have my name at the top of the list of two BGE dealers. They tell me after the 1st of the year. I want one NOW!! tstick

• BBQfan1, that Kid is the pic here, she is cute as a button, purtier than a speckeled pup.

• BBQfan1BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    113-1312_IMG.JPG
    <p />Chet,
    "...that Kid is the pic here, she is cute as a button, purtier than a speckeled pup."[p]Speakin of which, here's a speckled pup that latched onto Woo at the Jack. I still can't believe he didn't make the trip back home with 'im; they got pretty attached.
    Qfan[p]

• TRexTRex Posts: 2,709
    BBQfan1,[p]Good lord that's a large pizza! And a great pic, too. Cute kid - you could start a pizza business now, you know - just use this pic as your advertisement . . [p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    BBQfan1,
    Thanks for the reality check.....I need it right about now..hope to see ya soon...[p]Wess

• BBQfan1, hey i know that purdy little face, she is a looker.[p]good looking pie to Mike, see you on Thursday[p]reg

• BBQfan1,
    great picture!!!... beautiful pie and more beautiful daughter. ...i'm going out on a limb here, but. ...thank goodness she looks like mom!!!!